- Trip Summary: 6 days on the Mountain
- Arrival Day (Day 1) is every Friday of every month, except during April and May
THIS ROUTE OFFERS BE AUTIFUL VIEWS of Kenya’s Maasai plains. This route is the least visited, thus offers a quiet environment and is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north. It offers a gentle gradient and has some unspoiled flora and fauna.
|Route waypoints||Time (approx)|
|Rongai Gate – Simba Camp||4 hrs|
|Simba Camp – Kikelwa Camp||6 – 7 hrs|
|Kikelwa Camp – Mawenzi Tarn||4 – 5 hrs|
|Mawenzi Tarn – Kibo Campsite||5 hrs|
|Kibo Campsite – Uhuru Peak||6 – 7 hrs|
|Uhuru Peak to Horombo Hut||5 hrs|
|Horombo Hut – Marangu Gate||5 – 6 hrs|
|Days on the mountain||Group Size 1 person||Group Size 2-4 persons||Group Size 4-6 persons||Group Size 6+ persons|
BOOK THIS TOUR
- Arrival and Departure Kilimanjaro airport (JRO) transfers to//from Arusha [For those who arrive/depart from Nairobi, we include schedule shuttle bus transfer, available at 8AM and 2PM daily]
- Transport from the hotel in Arusha to the mountain and back to the Hotel.
- Kilimanjaro national park permits, camping/hut fees, mountain rescue fees, value added tax (VAT), and all other applicable local government taxes/fees
- Services of Guide, assistant guides, cook and porters
- Maximum of 10 climbers (unless stated otherwise)
- Accommodation in a lodge in Arusha or Moshi at a Hotel for 2 nights (before & after the climb), including breakfast and taxes
- Meals on the mountain
- Drinking water: Boiled water on the trek (recommended to bring a filter/filtrating tablets), and bottled water on the safari.
- Sleeping pad
- Dining tent, tables, chairs
- Bottled oxygen for emergency rescue only
- Items of personal nature
- Climbing gears (most of them can be rented on arrival; we recommend you email the list of items you think you may consider renting)
- Tips to the climbing crew
- Medical equipment which can be rented well in advance for the following costs: $250/group for hyperbaric chamber, $210/group for an emergency oxygen cylinder and $140/group for a stretcher. Please note these prices include a porter to carry the equipment.
- Portable toilets: If you are concerned about using public toilets, a portable toilet is available for an extra $110/person or $180/group. This service must be confirmed at the time of booking.
- The luggage that porters are allowed to carry is limited to 35 pounds (ie: 15 kgs)
- Overweight or extra luggage will require an extra porter at a rate of $10/bag/day
- You can leave extra luggage at your hotel in Arusha or at our office (do not leave any valuables like cash, jewelry, electronics, etc)