- Trip Summary: 6 days on the Mountain
- Tentative Schedule: Friday of every week except during April and May
THIS ROUTE HAS A MODERATE SLOPE, making it less difficult to climb. It is the most popular way up Kilimanjaro and is the only route with emergency evacuation service. It is also the only route offering dormitory style huts with dining rooms.
|Route waypoints||Time (approx)|
|Marangu Gate – Mandara Hut||3 – 4 hrs|
|Mandara Hut – Horombo Hut||5 – 6 hrs|
|Horombo Hut – Kibo Hut||5 – 6 hrs|
|Kibo Hut – Gilman’s Point||5 – 6 hrs|
|Gilman’s Point – Uhuru Peak||1 – 2 hrs|
|Days on the mountain||Group Size 1 person||Group Size 2-4 persons||Group Size 4-6 persons||Group Size 6+ persons|
BOOK THIS TOUR
- Arrival and departure transfers from Kilimanjaro International Airport, as well as free shuttle transfer, Nairobi – Arusha – Nairobi, if flying to/from Nairobi.
- Accommodation in mountain huts or mountain tents with mattresses; we use the highest quality of expedition tents by Eureka or Mountain Hardware.
- Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All park fees, including mountain rescue fees, government taxes, and all applicable fees and taxes
- Services of a professional leading guide who is medically trained, certified, licensed, and English speaking
- Services of English-speaking assistant guide(s), a skilled cook, and enough porters for a guest’s luggage, food, water, and dinning tent
- Transport back and forth from your hotel and the mountain
- Use of radios/phones to increase your safety
- Items of personal nature such as passport, visa, traveler’s insurance, medical evacuation insurance ($50 value)
- Tips to guides and porters
- International airfare (unless explicitly stated)
- Medical equipment which can be rented well in advance for the following costs: $250/group for hyperbaric chamber, $210/group for an emergency oxygen cylinder and $140/group for a stretcher. Please note these prices include a porter to carry the equipment.
- Portable toilets: If you are concerned about using public toilets, a portable toilet is available for an extra $110/person or $180/group. This service must be confirmed at the time of booking.
- The luggage that porters are allowed to carry is limited to 35 pounds (ie: 15 kgs)
- Overweight or extra luggage will require an extra porter at a rate of $10/bag/day
- You can leave extra luggage at your hotel in Arusha or at our office (do not leave any valuables like cash, jewelry, electronics, etc)